- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 Tbl. milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C oil
- Mix flour, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and add the milk and oil. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Form evenly to cover the bottom and edges of a 9 inch pie pan.
- 4 C Pink Lady or Fuji apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 C Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and fill piecrust.
- Bake crust and filling for 25 minutes at 375 degrees using the center rack.
- 1 C flour
- 1/2-1 C sugar
- 1 stick butter, firm
- 3/4 C chopped crispied almonds
- While pie is baking, make the topping.
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Cut butter into small pieces and blend into dry mixture using hands until a course mixture is formed.
- When pie has cooked for 25 minutes, carefully remove from oven.
- Starting on the outside, crumble topping over the filling until completely covered.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Chef's Note: This recipe was adapted from Annie Main at Good Humus Farm. The recipe called for 1 cup of sugar in the topping. While my family liked it, I thought it could use less sugar and still be good. You might want to adjust the sugar amounts to your liking. I also used Nourishing Traditions crispy nuts in the topping. Here's a link for how to make them. This recipe was really fast and easy to make. I made it for myself for dinner one rare night when my family were all out and about. We've been eating it for breakfast all this week, too!